Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hari I will miss u a lot!

PROLOGUE: Hari came to hyderabad from bangalore for vacation and was leaving. It was AUG-15 10.30PM.


Hari boarded the bus. It was time to bid good-bye. I felt something. Something deep in my heart. Was it a kick or a pinch? It probably was a bit of both and something more. Tears flowed into my eyes waiting to come out and drop onto my cheeks. But, they did not. Probably I held them back. It was a very tough moment. We lived almost every hour together for atleast two years. We ate together. Be it day or night. It really was not easy especially when I knew that it would be months before we meet again. I was helpless. I could not go with him. I could not stop him. He had to go. All I could do was stand there and watch him go away. Time was stealing all those moments between usand I could not do any thing about it.This kicked me even harder and it did right in the gut
I knew for sure that even if i opened my mouth words would not come out in that pain. I took out my mobile and typed a message. It read like this:"this time i dont know why but i feel very strongly that i will miss you more than ever.love you mama.happy journey. i will stay here for somemore time." I did not bother if the sentences were syntactically correct. I was frantically searching for words that could convey my feelings. These were the only words I could find. The bus had not started yet. He got off the bus and came to me. We exchanged a nice warm hug. For a few seconds I felt better and this feeling ended along with the hug. We then told eachother "good-bye mama" but, we did not mean it.We didnot want to go but... I waited till he got back into the bus. He went to his seat and waved his hand as I waved to him. I could not stay there. I fail to understand how my walking away before the bus started would reduce my pain but I thought it would and did it. Neither he nor I talked about the message. We probably didnot have the courage or probably there was no need.
As i walked back,those inseparable memories reeled before me. Those nights we(I,nikhil mohan and hari) spent in my home.Those lunches and dinners we had together.(We even ate in a single plate.)Those endless discussions we had in cafeterias etc.. All these moments are special in their own way. We donot share the same bloodline but we have the same shadow. We cared for eachother and most importatly we loved eachother (unconditionally). We could (and can)forgive eachothers mistakes without any complaints. The best thing about us three is that we are always together however far we may stay from eachother.
Nikhil Mohan, please come back to hyderabad soon. I really miss you. I cannot drink tea in 'victoria cafe' all alone without gossip. We(3) may really miss eachother but we have enough of sweet memories to bring a smile on our faces for atleast ten more years.I know that those college days will never be back and this is what makes all this more difficult. But, we hope to make the best out of every single time we meet.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
'YEH DOSTI HUM NAHI TODENGE....
TODENGE DUM MAGAR TERA SAATH NA CHODENGE...

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger yossarain said...

you can either become a good director, or a good writer.your blog put me right in your shoes imagining the emotions you are going through.

thinking back to where i started say from 3rd class there would be only one person who comes as close as hari is to you and that would be Mr.Chitti. I share everything with him and he acts as my guide and mentor, but i guess with him in hyderabad i don't feel the tinge yet.

To add further, i remember the time when i saw DCH and immediately called upon my school-friend PRAVEEN to tell him how much he means to me as a friend and i felt very lonely. Reading your article made me go through same emotions again..

keep it up..don't worry, life moves on, and nikmo will be here to stay, who knows with your future prospects looking bright you might get posted elsewhere...

once again, don't the let the steam go...continue writing and my support would always be there..(psst.. i need the same for you :))..just joking..bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home